A lot of questions for Altiris support today. The product is piloting very well to this point with the exception being the Deployment Solutions.
The amount of issues with the product, the oddness of the logic in execution hopefully will be answered by someone in the DS team on a scheduled call today. There is a list of items I'm hoping to get answers for.
1. Hierarchy, why certain things replicate and what for. like Images built for a Child NS server does not replicate up, but the resource guid does. So you can see it at the parent but not assign it as a job.
2. Imaging, lots of issues with the supported method and mechanism that it performs to connect a WinPE machine to a known Guid.
3. PXE or now changed Symantec Boot Services. It behaves badly, and other than restarting services no details or documentations on any possible tweaks.
4. x86 for WinPE has broken Firm files.
5. Replication of PXE configs does not always work.
6. Changing of a newly machine's name booted in from F8 and in WinPE.
7. Import without using UUID? Seriously Symantec?
I'll be happy if I get the answer to 2 of the above. If I get 3 answered, Party time!