AAA rated by Dennis Technology Labs for small business anti-virus protection
Real world tests show Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 leads the pack
Symantec’s endpoint solutions, designed for consumers, small businesses and enterprises, were recently awarded top honors from Dennis Technology Labs, specializing in security testing that uses a world-class anti-malware framework.
- Symantec received Dennis Technology Labs’ “AAA” rating and received the highest scores across every category in its Anti-Malware testing.
- Norton Internet Security scored the highest for home protection, while Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 (SEP SBE 2013) won for small business protection and Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 won in enterprise protection.
SEP SBE 2013 was the only small business solution to receive the Dennis Technology Labs AAA award. Testing was performed over a 3 month period by exposing products to live Internet threats to closely reflect the experience of a customer visiting an infected website.
As Symantec Threat Intelligence has shown small businesses are increasingly targeted by cyber criminals with nearly a third of all targeted attacks aimed at them . To keep safe, SMBs need proven, effective anti-malware protection. In the tests, SEP SBE 2013 scored highest in handling malware and legitimate applications, and generated zero false positives.
SEP SBE 2013 offers SMBs the proven anti-malware protection they need with affordable subscription-based licensing.
View a previous discussion here with Simon Edwards from Dennis Labs on how the tests are conducted and the importance of a AAA rating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zTxb1zwYQ
Download the Dennis Labs reports below or visit http://dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/s/a-m/2013/
- Home Anti-Virus Protection (Norton)
- Small Business Anti-Virus Protection (SEP SBE 2013)
- Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection (Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1)
 Symantec Internet Security Threat Report 18 April, 2013