In case distinguished names in your AD are very long, due to nested OU`s, SMP will cut it to 255 chars during AD import. This is limitation of database table.
Herebelow is solution to this. Please note this was tested only against 7.1 sp2 mp1 version.
KB article Unable to import some accounts from Active Directory is not mentioning Inv_Global_Active_Directory_Details, which is also populated during AD Import.
1. Please backup the Symantec_CMDB database and file mentioned below prior to the changes.
2. Run the following two SQL Queries on the Symantec_CMDB database:
ALTER TABLE DirectoryItemMap DROP CONSTRAINT PK_DirectoryItemMap
ALTER TABLE DirectoryItemMap ALTER COLUMN [Key] nvarchar(442) not null
ALTER TABLE DirectoryItemMap WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT
[PK_DirectoryItemMap] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([Type], [Key]) ON [PRIMARY]
ALTER TABLE Inv_OU_Membership ALTER COLUMN [Distinguished Name] nvarchar(442)
CREATE INDEX IDX_Inv_OU_Membership_DistinguishedName_ResourceGuid on
Inv_OU_Membership ([Distinguished Name],_ResourceGuid)
ALTER TABLE Inv_Global_Active_Directory_Details ALTER COLUMN [Distinguished Name] nvarchar(442)
CREATE INDEX IDX_Inv_Global_Active_Directory_Details_DistinguishedName_ResourceGuid on
Inv_Global_Active_Directory_Details ([Distinguished Name],_ResourceGuid)
3. please edit the
file using Notepad.
Add the following line into the file:
<customSetting key="DisableDistinguishedNameAsResourceKey" type="local" value="true" />
4. Please restart all Altiris Services and IIS before starting a new full Import of the Users.
5. Start a new full Import from the Console.
6. Run a full Resource Membership update.
7. Wait for about 5-10 minutes to make sure the update finishes and check the Directory Filters.