This position is a 6 month contract-to-hire with a company in Detroit.
Altiris Administrator/Developer responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Altiris/Symantec server environment including installations, configurations, and customizations and reporting and the Development and support of Applications and Altiris Workflows.
· Provide day to day management and support for the Altiris Service Desk, SMP and Workflow applications.
· Respond quickly and effectively to reported Incidents and Troubleshoots problems and provides technical support and solutions. Create automated and Ad-hoc report as necessary
· Write, Test, deploy and support custom code and script as necessary to automate Tasks and IT processes.
· Perform other duties and project as required.
· Creation of Web application with Altiris Workflow Components
· Works in collaboration with Operations, Infrastructure, Applications and Database teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution.
· Evaluate, develop, test, document, and support Altiris enhancements and application integration between the Altiris system and any other systems.
· Expertise in IIS and web application development.
· Expertise in System and Application Log Analysis.
· Strong verbal and writing communication skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Solid skills in desktop management and software distribution systems like SCCM
· Solid technical expertise in managing and maintaining Active Directory and Windows environments
· Able to design optimal Altiris configurations for global operations. Ability to build unique Altiris Solutions, which are complete, functional programs that plug in to the Altiris system.
· 3+ years’ of solid proven experience administering and developing in Altiris
· Altiris Service Desk
· Altiris Workflow development
· Creation of workflow components.
· Symantec Management Platform
· VBscript and/or PowerShell scripting
· Have Coding Experience in VB or C or C#
· SQL Server and SQL query language
· ITIL Fundamental understanding
· Strong Knowledge of the integration of Altiris and other systems (LDAP, AD, Exchange, Web services, etc.) Good understanding of Active Directory/ SCCM and Exchange.
· BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education and work experience
· Altiris certification
Have a great day!
Office: (248) 479-1176
Cell: (810) 623-3837
eFax: (248) 479-1877