Altiris Beta Program: Deployment Solution 6.9 SP3 Beta - Now Available
We are pleased to announce the release of Deployment Server 6.9 SP3 into the beta cycle. We anticipate the beta cycle to last approximately 5 weeks.
Outlined below are some of the new features for this release:
- Use customdata.ini – The user has the ability to have DAgent report only those NICS which they want. It will filter the NICS depending upon its description and MAC Address.
- Right-click uninstall - In the Console when user right-clicks on the computer, under Advanced tab and clicks on the “uninstall agent” Dagent will be uninstalled from the client computer. This facility is only provided from the console side.
New OS Support
- Windows Vista SP2 (x86, x64)
- Windows 2008 Server SP2 (x86, x64, ia64)
- Windows 7 (x86, x64)
- Windows 2008 Server R2 (x64, ia64)
- VMWare 4.0
We now ship GhostWalker which is part of other Ghost tools now availabe with DS 6.9.
Also, DeployAnywhere has added command line parameters to enhance evaluation modes usability within DS.
New command line parameters are:
- - /logPath switch which users can specify the full qualified path to where DA log files will be written
- - /logID switch which will prepend the ID to the log file name.
To register for the beta of Deployment Solution 6.9 SP3, as well as the other products we currently have available, please follow this link (http://beta.altiris.com)
We thank you for your interest in our products.
Altiris Beta Team