Altiris Client Management Suite 7 SP1 - Release Candidate now available
The release candidate version of Altiris CMS 7 SP1 is now available. As part of your testing, please ensure that you install the release candidate to your testing environment, and not into production. The RC version of Altiris CMS 7 SP1 is available from the Altiris Beta Portal http://beta.altiris.com. You will need to register for the product from the Profile tab prior to downloading. You may anticipate the product will be available from the beta portal through the end of September.
Altiris® Client Management Suite™ from Symantec® is a comprehensive systems management solution for IT professionals who are responsible for the complete management—deployment, ongoing upkeep, and retirement—of their organization’s desktop and notebook computers. This fully-integrated suite of management tools automates management tasks and reduces desk-side visits which can substantially lower the total cost of owning client computers and software.
Included Products within SP1
Client Management Suite™ includes these Altiris® solutions and components from Symantec®: Deployment Solution™ including Ghost™ Imaging Foundation, Inventory Solution®, Patch Management Solution™, pcAnywhere™ Solution, Real Time Systems Manager™, Software Management Solution™, including Wise software packaging tools and award-winning SVS™ application virtualization technology, and Out of Band Management Component™ which helps you configure and manage Intel® vPro™, DASH, and ASF-equipped PCs.
We welcome your feedback. As you discover issues with the product, we invite you to take advantage one of the following in reporting issues with the product:
- Visit the Beta forum for reporting any bugs, or discuss any implementation questions you might have. (Preferred Method)
- Submit an incident to Technical Support
- Submit feedback directly to the beta administrator
- Prior to submitting information to the portal, please keep the following in mind:
- Please refer to the known issues section of the release notes.
- Prior to building the test Altiris infrastructure, refer to the requirements section of the release notes.
- Beta product is not intended for a production environment
- Support for beta does not cover beta code installed into production.
- There will not be a supported upgrade path from beta to the eventual released version of the product
- There will not be a supported upgrade path from one version of beta to another.
Thank you for your interest in our products. We appreciate your partnership with use to create better products. Thanks again!
Principal Program Manager