Announcing Better Backup for Microsoft with NetBackup 22.214.171.124!
Created: 21 Jun 2013 • Updated: 13 Sep 2013 • 10 comments
Symantec announces the general availability of NetBackup 126.96.36.199 on June 24, 2013. This release introduces a number of Microsoft advancements including enhanced support for Windows Server 2012, Exchange 2013, SharePoint 2013, SQL Server 2012 and Hyper-V 2012.
Below you will find a detailed overview of all Microsoft advancements included in the NetBackup 188.8.131.52 release.
Better Backup for Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 file system backup & recovery (NTFS, NTFS dedupe, and ReFS)
- Distributed File System Replication
- Windows 2012 System State Recovery
- Active Directory Backup with Granular Recovery Technology
- Open File Backup with VSS
- NetBackup Accelerator support (NTFS only)
- FlashBackup support (NTFS only)
- Windows 2012 SAN Client support
- Snapshot Client with VSS (NTFS only)
- Limited Replication Director support
Better Backup for Hyper-V 2012
- Hyper-V 2012 VM backup and recovery
- Granular Recovery Technology of files within Hyper-V 2012 VMs
- Equivalent NetBackup support for Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V
Better Backup for Exchange 2013, SharePoint 2013 and SQL Server 2012
- Exchange 2013 database recovery
- SharePoint 2013 database recovery
- SQL Server 2012 (excluding Always On Availability)
- Better Backup for SAP HANA™. NetBackup is now the industry’s only certified backup solution for SAP HANA™. You can read more details on Symantec Connect.
- Better Backup for VMware on Windows 2012, including VMware backup and Granular Recovery Technology with files within VMs, as well as database recovery of Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server within VMware VMs.
For 184.108.40.206 download links, please click here.
For further information, please visit symantec.com/netbackup.