One of the great things about working in the Messaging & Web Security BU is the amount of cool new technology and functionality we work on. Some times, this is behind the scenes on our backend systems and other times this is new functionality for existing products.
This time, however, I'm really excited to announce the beta program of a brand new application:
Symantec Email Submissions Client
This application allows you to automate the submission of missed spam (aka false negatives) to Symantec, directly from your end user mailboxes.
Symantec Email Submission Client takes advantage of the Exchange Web Services framework built into Microsoft Exchange Server to provide a submissions solution that:
- Does NOT require any installation to you endpoint devices.
- Does NOT require any updates to be managed/pushed to your endpoint devices.
- Does NOT require any complex end user training.
- Does NOT require any additional licensing from Symantec.
Deploying the Symantec Email Submission Client allows you to:
- Provide your end users with a consistent answer to the question "What do I do with this spam message?"
- Reduce helpdesk calls by providing a simple process for your end users to follow.
- Increase antispam effectiveness and block even more threats from entering your environment.
- Take full advantage of our antispam technology today and in future Messaging Security product updates.
In order to participate in this beta program, you must be running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or 2007 SP1 (or above).
To receive more information and to register for this beta program, use the following link:
When the final release ships, the Symantec Email Submission Client will be provided to all customers using a Symantec mail security product as part of your existing product entitlement. This includes customers using:
- Symantec Messaging Gateway (formerly known as Symantec Brightmail Gateway)
- Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
- Symantec Protection Suite
This beta program supports our commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction, enabling customers to download pre-release versions of our products and to provide feedback directly to members of the Symantec product team.