Announcing the upcoming Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.5 Beta Evaluation
Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.5 Pre-release Evaluation
On June 25th, 2013 Symantec will be launching the pre-release evaluation of Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.5. This new version of Symantec Messaging Gateway plans to introduce new features including.
- Remove Zero Day Malware and Targeted Attacks from Office and PDF attachments with new “Disarm” technology.
- Block more Spam and Malware with Expanded Threat URL Reputation
- Simplify management with LDAP Authenticated Administration
- Enhanced management of Unscannable Messages
- Communicate securely with trusted partners using enforced inbound TLS encryption
- Increase security with TLS encrypted delivery to Symantec DLP
- Control Spam attacks and message volume from inside the your environment with Outbound Sender Throttling Capability
- Deploy using new Hyper-V support
The Symantec Enterprise External Test Program is designed to ensure that customers have a central location to download builds and access to post feedback on the Symbeta forum for Symantec technology experts to review. You can sign up for the evaluation by navigating to the following link.
A Webinar will also be scheduled to discuss and field questions around this pre-release evaluation. Details regarding the date and time of the webinar will be provided as an update to this invitation. As with prior pre-release evaluations for Symantec Messaging Gateway, Symantec will be offering incentives for customers who participate in the evaluation. The following are the incentives offered for this testing period.
- Testers will receive a copy of Norton AntiVirus based on the below criteria:
- Install pre-release evaluation version of SMG 10.5
- Provide wall ID to the Symantec Messaging Gateway team (Please provide Name, Company and ID when submitting).
- Return answers from relevant sections of beta script
- A US$200 value gift card will be given away to the 5 customers who provide the most comprehensive testing feedback for below features within three weeks of Beta commencement. Providing early feedback for multiple sections will increase your chances of winning.
- 4 iPads will be provided to customers based on the following criteria:
- 1 to the tester who runs the most production traffic (based on stats received by Symantec)
- 3 to the testers who provide the most comprehensive testing feedback for below features. Providing feedback for multiple sections will increase your chances of winning.
- Disarm technology
- Better Anti-Spam Effectiveness (Expanded Threat URL Intelligence)
- LDAP Authenticated Administration
- Granular Unscannable message verdicts
- Hyper-V virtual platform
- Enforced inbound TLS encryption
- TLS encrypted delivery to DLP
- Outbound Sender Throttling
If you would like to participate in this pre-release evaluation please sign up at the above Symbeta link and reply to this email with the following information:
- Will your deployment be in tandem with Production or in a Lab environment?
- Will your deployment be physical or virtual? If virtual which platform VMWare or Hyper-V?
- Are there any specific areas that you want to focus on testing?
If there are any questions regarding the upcoming pre-release evaluation, please reply to this email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a Symantec team member will respond to you shortly.
Symantec Messaging Gateway Team