As Tablets, laptops, and smart phones infiltrate the enterprise in droves, addressing issues associated with mobility fall upon IT. Further complicating the issue is the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) revolution. Being overwhelmed by a plethora of security risks, IT organizations find themselves in a balancing act that addresses both personal and business needs, while simultaneously increasing security, improving productivity, and satisfying employees. To tackle these complex issues, Symantec has suggested “Five Pillars of Mobility” to consider. These suggested “pillars” are: Ensuring secured access to apps, protecting apps and data, device management, threat protection, and secure file sharing. When combined with one of Symantec’s Mobility Solutions, IT organizations can successfully overcome the potential security risks that mobility presents. To learn more about Symantec’s complete portfolio of mobile solutions that enable mobile productivity without compromising protection, check out this article.
About CIO Digest
Updates from CIO Digest, Symantec's quarterly containing strategies and analysis for senior and C-level IT Leaders around the world.
Recent Blog Posts
- In the Wake of Sandy: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Lessons • • 03 Jun 2014
- Are You Satisfying Both Personal and Business Needs with Your Mobility Strategy? • • 03 Jun 2014
- Webcast | Archive Migrations: Best Practices for Moving Archived Content • • 03 Jun 2014 • 1 reply
- Disaster Recovery Readiness: How prepared are you? • Esther Aladieff • 03 Jun 2014
- Learn How Symantec Uses Its Own Encryption Products In-house • Esther Aladieff • 03 Jun 2014
Recently on Twitter
- RT @SYMCpartners: SYMC PartnerAssist helps Syntax’s customer reclaim 65K hours of employee productivity http://t.co/pKy3PZMpZV28 May 2013
- RT @symcpartners: Read how Syntax Information Technology addresses customer challenges w/SYMC ParnterAssist program http://t.co/pKy3PZMpZV24 May 2013
- RT @EnterpriseVault: CSX Technology reduces storage footprint and improves discovery time with Symantec solutions http://t.co/IN7bcGtE9q23 May 2013
- RT @symantec: In this #webcast Symantec will show you how to apply server management best practices in virtual environments http://t.co/Br4…06 May 2013
- RT @symantec: The April issue of CIO Digest is now available. View the entire issue in our digital reader or download our app http://t.co/K…02 May 2013
General Symantec NetBackup Mobile Management BYOD mobility CIO Digest archiving high availability and disaster recovery migration security virtualization Business Continuity Better Backup Enterprise Vault.cloud Control Compliance Suite Messaging Gateway Endpoint Protection (AntiVirus) Enterprise Vault NetBackup Appliances 12.x Symantec Endpoint Encryption - Device Control Encryption