As everybody knows whenever the HelpDesk user edits an incident based on parameters set on tasks, leaving no comments about the change done, Altiris HelpDesk just place a comment with the changes in the history frame of the incident. For example:
If change the priority or even the status (could be any other value) it will appear in the comments field a message like this: Priority or Status Change from Old Priority/Old Status to New Priority/New Status.
For some customer, this is not acceptable just because you can be changing values that you don't want somebody else to see it. For these cases I found the way to get the previous comment and paste it in the new edit of the incident.
Below are the steps to make this work:
- Create an incident rule. Select a name for it.
- In the parameters to set, select the COMMENT field.
- In the comment to field paste the query below:
HDQUERY [[select workitem_comment from Altiris_Helpdesk.dbo.hd_workitem_detail_view where workitem_number=WORKITEM(workitem_number) and workitem_version=(select MAX(workitem_version-1) from Altiris_Helpdesk.dbo.hd_workitem_detail_view where workitem_number=WORKITEM(workitem_number) )]].
This query will get the previous comment of the incident.
- In the conditions area, use whenever version changes and the command field is empty. Also, use this rule every time the incident is saved.
- Click OK to apply the rule.