Attacks use Olympics as bait for spam, malware and phishing attacks - Symantec Intelligence Report: July 2012
The July edition of the Symantec Intelligence report provides the latest analysis of cyber security threats, trends, and insights from the Symantec Intelligence team concerning malware, spam, and other potentially harmful business risks. The data used to compile the analysis for this report includes data from January through June 2012.
- Spam – 67.6 percent (an increase of 0.8 percentage points since June)
- Phishing – One in 475.3 emails identified as phishing (a decrease of 0.003 percentage points since June)
- Malware – One in 340.9 emails contained malware (a decrease of 0.023 percentage points since June)
- Malicious Web sites – 2,189 Web sites blocked per day (an increase of 4.0 percent since June)
- Olympic related scams and threats to keep an eye on
- Web attack toolkit activity in the first six months of 2012
- A roundup of the best blogs of the last month
Please download the report here.
- Podcast with Ben Nahorney, Cyber Security Threat Analyst at Symantec
- Blog: Symantec Intelligence Report: July 2012 by Paul Wood, Cyber Security Intelligence Manager