Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Hot Fix Release Announcement
Backup Exec 2010 R3 Hot Fix #173790 (Device Driver Installer DDI20111215)
Tech Note: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173790
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 32bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 x64bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers (32bit Linux Platforms) - BERMALS
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers (64bit Linux Platforms) - BERMALS
Running Backup Exec 2010 R1 revision 2896? See here for the most recent Device Driver Installer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128322
Running Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164? See here for the most recent Device Driver Installer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153090
- Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 Service Pack 1 (TECH168343) is required before installing this update.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this hotfix.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this hotfix.
- The IDR recovery media (the ISO created through the IDR Wizard) needs to be recreated after installing this hotfix.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this hotfix.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this hotfix
-In some cases, Direct Copy only does not work when the original backup job includes NetApp data.
-Generic NDMP (ISILON): Support for 128k block size has been added for system version OneFS 5.5.6 and greater.
-NEW Device Support: Backup Exec will now recognize the IBM HH LTO Gen 5 inquiry string.
-OST: Improved logging and a fix for handling bad backup images (end of media and large capacity issues).
-Backup Exec Job Engine service crashes intermittently in libstspipd.dll while backing up to Deduplication Storage Folder.
-Backup job targeted to Deduplication Folder completes successfully however Duplicate or Verify jobs fail intermittently with 0xe000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found" OR "The requested media was mounted, but it has been erased "
-Unable to install Backup Exec Options after hotfix 167567 is installed. Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTE912.tmp