Today's release of Backup Exec 2014 nearly doubles the size of BEMCLI from 222 to 395 cmdlets, with 72 of the original cmdlets enhanced with new parameters and functionality.
Here's a quick list of what's new:
- Native PowerShell v2 and v3+ support
- Full support (create/edit/rename/delete) for all backup job types (BackupDefinition, OneTimeBackupJob, and SyntheticBackupDefinition)
- All agent selection types supported for backup jobs (including virtual machines)
- Full support for mulit-server selections per backup job
- Support for centralized and managed server configuration
- Push-install of windows agents
- Support for all applications and server types
- Enhanced scheduling support
- Full support for notification recipients
Over the coming days and weeks, I'll be blogging about the new features in depth. Stay tuned!