Virtualization has been a red hot initiative in corporate data centers for years now, and it’s changed the way we plan, build and operate our data centers. “Going Green” by eliminating the physical foot print and saving on energy costs are two of many big reasons customers are adopting the virtual machine. So easy to add, power-up and plug into production, it’s easy to see why VM’s are so popular. But with popularity comes complexity around virtual machine sprawl, resource utilization, performance and just as important, backup and recovery protection. Do you put a backup agent in EVERY virtual machine? How do you protect application and file data for all VM’s including the ability to have granular file recovery? What about meeting backup SLA’s and critical recovery SLA’s? On top of that, customers want deduplication, backup to many types of media/disk, and DR capabilities. Can point products do all that?
If you’re still backing up VMs like physical machines, you’re probably wondering if there is a better way. Some of our virtual benefits include:
- Patented V-Ray technology (see deeper into VM’s than our competition, and therefore backup what’s important)
- Deduplication across Virtual and Physical environments
- Granular recovery capabilities with a true single pass backup
- No proxy server requirement
- VADP integration and agent-less backup options
Come join us at Symantec Vision 2013 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and attend our “NetBackup for VMware” session. Here you can learn the latest best practices for backing up and recovering VMware and see what you've been missing. Session time is:
- Tuesday April 16th 3:45-4:45pm PST
For more details on this session and others, please visit our Vision Session site at:
- This week: Attend our session
- 30 days: Stay tuned for collateral and information about what’s coming in NetBackup 7.6. Look for our new collateral on VMware protection with 7.6 for both NetBackup and NetBackup appliances.
- 60 days: Engage your Symantec Sales and Specialist teams for discussions and lunch and learns around how V-Ray and NetBackup’s virtual protection features can benefit your business.
Not attending Vision? There’s still time to register here:
More Information on NetBackup 7.5: