Here you can gain relevant and timely information related to Symantec’s business units and IT Trends to support you with your research. More Details
Innovation and Acceleration
Symantec's vision of the future centres around three areas: unified security, unified information management, identity and intelligence. In this video Symantec’s leadership team provides an overview of its vision and strategy as well as key priorities going forward. Hear from
- Michael Brown, Interim President and CEO
- Ken Schneider, VP and Fellow, Market and Tech Innovation
- Fran Rosch, SVP User Protection and Productivity
- Brian Dye, SVP Information Security
- Jeff Hausman, SVP Information Availability
- Pablo Stern, SVP Backup and Recovery
What’s New for Our Partners?
We shared the details around the redesigned Partner Program framework at Partner Engage in Budapest, Hungary in February. This framework will better support the way Symantec’s partners do business by fostering stronger partnerships that enable growth and delivering differentiated value to our customers. Read the blogs by Garrett Jones, VP Global Channel Operations (here) and John Eldh, VP Channel Sales (here) for more insights. Want to hear from our partners? Watch this video.
Symantec Security Response
- Blackshades – Coordinated Takedown Leads to Multiple Arrests
- Spammers Quick to Take Advantage of Second Posthumous Michael Jackson Album
- How the Elderwood Platform is Fueling 2014’s Zero-Day Attacks
- Privacy Fears Spawn New Generation of Low Profile Social Networks
- Sophisticated Viknok Malware Proves That Click-fraud Is Still a Moneymaker for Scammers
2014 Internet Security Threat Report, Volume 19
The Internet Security Threat Report provides an overview and analysis of the year in global threat activity. The report is based on data from the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, which Symantec's analysts use to identify, analyse, and provide commentary on emerging trends in the dynamic threat landscape. Download the report here.
Symantec in the News
Symantec's Brian Dye and Fran Rosch spoke with Fortune Magazine about anti-virus and the two new premium security additions to the Symantec portfolio: "No, anti-virus software isn't dead (yet)"
Bloomberg West ran a broadcast interview featuring Stephen Gillett, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, discussing the Internet Security Threat Report in a segment titled, “How to fight the rise of the mega breach.”
Do it simply, safely, and quickly. Do it all.
Symantec is often perceived as an antivirus company when in fact, we have a broad range of capabilities. Symantec’s greatest strength and greatest opportunity is its entire portfolio. Despite being seen as a collection of disparate pieces, the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. Symantec's Alix Hart, VP, Brand, Digital & Advertising was featured in an article about Symantec’s new brand campaign which highlights its attempt to communicate to organisations that they can look to the company for more than just data security and "Do It All" through the products and services Symantec has to offer.
New Executives @ Symantec
- Symantec Appoints Thomas Seifert as Chief Financial Officer
- Symantec Appoints Amit Mital as Chief Technology Officer
- Symantec Appoints Sheila Jordan as Chief Information Officer
Hear from the Symantec leadership team
Blog: Information Unleashed: The Official Voice of Symantec Our executives use this blog as a place to communicate directly with you and to share updates on company strategy, highlights from company news or discuss their opinions on the state of the industry.