Changes in database maintenance options do not take effect immediately
After you configure database maintenance options, the new options are applied at midnight, and not immediately.
To configure the database options:
- In the console, click Admin > Servers, and then select a site.
- Under Tasks, click Edit Site Properties, and then click the Database tab.
To configure the management server to apply the database maintenance options immediately, you can configure the conf.properties file.
To configure the config.properties file:
- Open the conf.properties file, located in the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc directory by default.
- Change the following parameters:
- Change scm.object.idletime=3600000 (in milliseconds) to a smaller number. The default setting is 1 month.
- Change scm.timer.objectsweep=900 (in seconds) to a smaller number.The default setting is once per day.
- Save the config.properties file and restart the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.