As a Security Response Liaison, I’m often asked for links to specific information that's available on our public website. Here is a simple list of the more common pages I use for reference.
File-Based Protection (Traditional Antivirus) – more info
- Certified Definitions – Download via Http
Detailed info on what detections have been added - Detections Added (Certified)
- Rapid Release Definitions - Download via Http or Download via FTP
Detailed info on what detections have been added - Detections Added (Rapid Release)
Firewall and Network Protection – more info
- Detailed info on what detections have been added – Security Updates
Attack Signatures for Network Protection
Application and Device Control Policies – more info
- Pre-made policies – Security Updates
- Symantec Glossary – Fairly complete list of security terms as Symantec uses them.
- Norton Safeweb – See if a specific URL or Domain is known to have malicious content.
- Security Response Blog – Security Response research blog
- Product End of Life Schedule – When each product is set to be E.O.L.
- Internet Security Threat report - Overview of the years threat activity, with quarterly updates.
- Security Response Whitepapers - White papers on a range of issues relating to internet security
What pages do you find are the most helpful?