Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 03 September 2013.
User Facing: Desktop
- Changed the Quick Search in the Help Center to look for titles that "contain" a search term instead of titles that "begin with" a search term. This enhancement should make the Quick Search more useful to users.
- Fixed a label in the Subscriptions UI that was listing one of the subscription types as, "not available".
- Fixed a transient problem in forum list pages where the "I need a solution" text was displaying inline with the forum teaser text.
- Fixed the sort order of blog names on the RSS-Builder.
- Created a new report that can be used to monitor voting trends on Connect posts.
- Created a new report that Symantec's social networking partners can use to verify their list of what is published on Connect against our list of what is published on Connect.
- Resolved an issue with under-privileged users seeing the "Sticky at top of lists" checkbox under the workflow tab at the top of their submissions.
- Fixed a UI issue with the "Connect Achievements" block displaying on admin pages where it should not.
- Updated the code we use to schedule a pre-determined publication date and/or time for posts to Connect.
- Refactored the UI on the admin-facing tool we use to associate products with communities on Connect.
Behind the Scenes
- Added code that should improve our SEO by limiting items that are included in our XML Sitemap -- crawled by search engines -- to those that are relevant. We achieved this by allowing our backend system to communicate with our Adobe Analytics system, determine if a content item was relevant and if it was, add it to our XML Sitemap.