Connect Dev Notes: 10 July 2013
Created: 10 Jul 2013 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013
User Facing: Desktop
- Updated the code that displays Twitter feeds on Connect to leverage the new Twitter v1.1 API. (Twitter feeds are now displaying properly on Connect.)
- Modified links in translated versions of home page banner to respond correctly for users who are viewing the home page in languages other than English.
- Added support for double byte file names (and file extensions) to support languages like Japanese and Chinese.
- Added the ability for users to set a language preference in their user profile and establish a default UI language for their authenticated sessions.
- Fixed an issue with the pop-up site announcement banner that continued to display even after users had dismissed it.
- Added "please login or register" message to the "actions" menu on forum pages for users who are not authenticated. (The old behavior was a blank actions menu.)
- Gave site admins the ability to filter group membership requests and approve or deny those requests outside the email approval process.
- Gave the Security Response team the ability to unpublish SR Blog posts.
- Fixed some issues with the "editor: content reviewer" role that were not allowing content reviewers to view unpublished submissions.
- Fixed some issues with the report that counts solved forum posts. The report was returning incorrect numbers since we implemented the "split solutions" functionality in mid May.
- Refactored the user tooltips -- that pop up when you mouse-over content on a Connect list page -- to only load when they are needed.
Behind the Scenes
- Imported content and image updates for ~130 Workflow collaborative articles.