Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 12 November 2013.
User Facing: Desktop
- Added a summary field to blogs so bloggers can summarize or introduce their blog post with a short synopsis that displays on list pages.
- Modified the new "Was this helpful" widget to display the number of times an item has been marked as helpful.
- Removed voting widgets from comments in forum sections of Connect.
- Fixed an issue with the "STS Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Unix" not displaying on the profiles of users who had earned it.
- Modified the new App Center video framework to support clickable thumbnail images.
- Fixed an issue with "Helpful" scores on individual submissions not matching the same scores on content list pages.
- Created a group management wizard that makes it easer to change to group admins of multiple groups when former admins change jobs.
- Added code that allows admins to archive legacy groups for historical purposes.
- Customized the accreditation and certification import script to be more friendly to the data provider.
- Added the ability to remove the "about" block from the sidebar of blogs that do not want this block on their blog pages.
- Removed more than 100,000 oddball thumbs up/down votes that were cast when voting was (temporarily) opened up to unauthenticated users.
Behind the Scenes
- Added code (to discourage spammers) that adds a "rel=nofollow" tag to domains that are not on our whitelist. This code instructs search engines that the tagged hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index.