Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 13 May 2014.
User Facing: Desktop
- Added code to search results pages so each result displays the "posted on" date rather than the "updated on" date.
- Fixed a few issues with the Accreditation and Certification update scripts that were keeping new data from flowing into the profile pages of Connect users.
- Refactored the 'short summaries' blog code so it does not use the short summaries on blog overview pages.
- Updated the presentation template used for Vision presentations to use the updated 2014 version.
- Fixed a rendering issue with content submitted with the <code> tag.
- Added code that hides the public/private checkbox from users who are not members of any groups.
- Added code to notifications system for post-by-email users that does not print the username at the top of notifications if the username matches the contents of the First name and Last name profile fields.
- Fixed an issue users were having when viewing a Japanese post and were unable to switch to the English version of the target post.
- Added a "Reddit" share widget to posts.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent RSS paths.
- Added code to the Akamai cache clearing tool that will give admins more feedback when they submit target pages to be cleared from the Akamai caches.
- Added an "Upcoming Events" block to the right sidebar that is configured to display community-specific events on related community pages.
- Added code that sets the proper RSS URL (by default) on filterable list pages. The old behavior was to not set an RSS URL until a filter was selected. This was causing SEO issues since web crawlers were unable to read the default RSS URL as they crawled the pages.
- Added contextual code that places a "rel=nofollow" attribute on hyperlinks posted by untrusted users (aka spammers).