Connect Dev Notes: 14 Nov 2012
Created: 14 Nov 2012 | 2 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Updated the list of groups available at the "Account > My Groups" area to hide groups where membership status is pending.
- Fixed an issue with video pages displaying the video player when the video is a download and does not need a player.
- Fixed the ability to sort lists of content by "Highest Score".
- Updated the display of RSS feeds for groups so they display the group name in the RSS title.
- Implemented an "advertising free" spell checker on content submission forms.
- Fixed an issue reported when users attempted to preview an Article before posting.
- Added Japanese and Simplified Chinese user interfaces to Connect.
- Removed the "Store" menu from the main navigation when the UI language is switched to Japanese.
- Added the ability to link IT Trends to blog posts via user submitted "free tags".
- Removed more than 1,000 advertising-, sports-, and pornography-related terms from the "free tagging" vocabulary.
- Updated terms and conditions in French, German, and Spanish.
- Removed the depreciated "Buzz score: X" phrase from admin view of Connect pages.
- Improved performance by caching Twitter feeds that are displayed on Connect pages.
- Improved performance of the search widget that helps users find groups.
- Improved performance of group landing pages.
- Improved performance of next/previous links on forum pages.