Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 15 October 2013.
User Facing: Desktop
- Modified the email notification that goes out to subscribers when a forum is marked as solved to include the solution text in the notification email.
- Fixed an issue of posts -- that have multiple votes -- showing 0 votes after cache rebuilds.
- Added support for a new video framework that will allow interactive training videos to be hosted on Connect.
- Fixed an issue with our authentication process that was causing a slight delay when users clicked on links (in email notifications) that took them to protected pages on Connect.
- Deprecated the code that was built to distribute VIP tokens to developers. Developers can now get these tools by signing up at Symantec's Trialware site.
- Added code that updates a submission's workflow history even if the submission is scheduled to be published at a future date and time.
- Adjusted the timeout setting on our reporting server to allow for the generation of processor-intensive reports.
- Refined one of our reports that a Symantec partner uses to compare their list of Connect content they're able to crawl against our list of actual Connect content.
Behind the Scenes
- Added code that ensures that our AJAX generated application pages are visible to (so they can be indexed by) search engines.
- Added code that automatically lowers the priority of content in Connect's XML Sitemap as the content ages.