Connect Dev Notes: 18 September 2013
Created: 18 Sep 2013 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013 | 1 comment
Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 17 September 2013.
User Facing: Desktop
- Fixed an issue where the Search and the RSS Builder were returning a slightly different number of results from the same criteria.
- Fixed an issue with blog posts that were hosting images with an ampersand (&) as part of the file name that was causing the image to not display in RSS feeds.
- Modified the system that imports user Certifications and Accreditations to allow for configurable email addresses. This gives us the ability to add or remove management who would like to be notified each time the import script completes.
- Modified the group list (on the add/edit forms) to use a list box (when being viewed by an administrator) instead of the standard group list with checkboxes. Since admins see all 400+ groups on Connect, scrolling to the submit button can take its toll.
- Created a script that allows us to house clean our Solr search index and remove posts that have been deleted from Connect but for some reason or another still exist in our search index.
- Added beta code for the next version of Connect to our working codebase to give our developers access to the new tools.
Behind the Scenes
- Fixed an issue with a Solr search query that was showing up in our error logs. The error was being caused by code that allows users to request an email notification based on a saved search.
- Added code that communicates with Adobe's Site Catalyst analytics system to determine old content that can/should be removed programmatically from Connect's xml sitemap.