Connect Dev Notes: 20 Feb 2013
Created: 20 Feb 2013 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013 | 1 comment
User Facing: Desktop
- Added an RSS Wizard that lets users build an RSS URL that pulls targeted information from Connect based on community, content type, product and more. We've documented this new feature (for easy future reference) in the Connect FAQ.
- Since the first question asked in reply to many forum posts is, "What operating system are you using?", we've added the ability to tag your forum post with a relevant operating system.
- Added the ability for users to add a status message to their user profile page.
- Fixed an issue in user Workspaces (Account -> My Workspace) so clicking the 'comments' tab will correctly display the comments you've posted.
- Removed the phrase "I need a solution" from items that display on a user's activity feed (Account > My Profile)
- Fixed an issue with translated titles on IT Trends pages that were displaying character encoding.
- Fixed an issue with posts of different languages appearing on blog list pages that had been filtered for a target language.
- Fixed an issue with file attachments not displaying properly on a few articles.
- Fixed character encoding issues that were displaying in the titles of nodes rendered in the "Can you solve these?" and "Recently Solved" blocks.
User Facing: Mobile
- Added code that improves the experience for those who use the footer link to switch from the desktop UI to the mobile UI. The improved code takes the user to the page they were viewing before the switch instead to their user profile page.
- Added code that gives group owners the ability to require acceptance of a membership agreement or NDA to the "request membership" workflow for prospective group members.
Behind the Scenes
- Added code that serves Connect pages to Symantec's Solution Center via https to minimize security risks.