Connect Dev Notes: 21 August 2013
Created: 21 Aug 2013 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013
Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 20 August 2013.
User Facing: Desktop
- Enhanced the RSS Builder to give users the ability to specify a target blog, product, and/or language when building valid RSS URLs to pull content streams from Connect.
- Fixed an issue with votes not displaying on content that had been voted on. Also added defensive code to keep this issue from reoccurring.
- Modified the workflow system to give Security Response bloggers the ability to work on (edit, update, advance in the workflow) blog posts authored by other members of the Security Response team.
- Launched the official Symantec blog: "mobilesecurity.com"
- Processed an updated collection of API documentation pages for the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) and imported the content to the developer section of Connect.
- Modified our blog widget in the blog submission form to sort the blog names using a natural language sort technique. This change ensures that the ePerspectives blog is no longer sorted to the bottom of the list but, instead, is listed between the Enterprise Vault blog and the Healthcare Online User Group blog.
- Re-tooled the "topic-community map" tool that admins use to associate Connect topics with Connect communities.
- Fixed an issue with the "pending group membership requests" screen that was displaying members who were no longer pending approval.
- Fixed a problem in the "Draft Workflow" that was causing certain content types to remain published after a site admin had changed their workflow status to unpublished.
User Facing: Mobile
Behind the Scenes