Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 18 March 2014.
User Facing: Desktop
- Added the ability for blog administrators to enable a feature that exposes new links in the bottom of the "About this blog" box. Clicking the "Share this blog" link lets you share the entire blog using a selection of social media tools. "Follow this blog" adds an email subscription to your profile so you'll be notified, via email, whenever new blog posts are published to the target blog.
- Upgraded the rich-text editor. This updated version of the editor gives our design team greater control over what user-submitted formatting is accepted -- an important feature as we evolve the Connect experience into one that's responsive to different viewing devices.
- Fixed an issue with missing bullets on sidebar lists that appear on blog pages.
- Fixed an Omniture bug that will allow us to more closely monitor terms that our users are searching for.
- Removed the "Send this user an email" link from user profile pages when viewed by an anonymous user.
- Fixed some issues with broken event tracking in our Omniture code.
- Added Twitter and Open Graph meta data to blog pages to increase their ability to interact with Social Networks and thereby improve the distribution of Connect messages.