Connect Dev Notes: 28 Nov 2012
Created: 28 Nov 2012
User Facing: Desktop
- Added a "Language Translation" option that allows users to view a machine-translated version of any article in either French, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Simplified Chinese. Read more here: http://www.symantec.com/connect/machine-translation
- Added code that flushes blog home pages from the Akamai caching servers when a new blog is posted that should be displayed on the home page.
- Added an automated test for SymAccount outages. When the test discovers that SymAccount is down, a message is automatically displayed that explains the outage to users.
- Updated collaborative articles code to properly display the list of users who contributed to a collaborative article.
- Removed IT Trends feeds from non-trends pages.
- Retooled Twitter feeds on Blog pages to support Twitter's new URL format.
- Added Japanese and Chinese Simplified versions of the Terms and Conditions.
User Facing: Mobile
- Fixed an issue with JQuery not loading properly for authenticated users.
- Improved the "user merge" script to move a user's bookmarks from the source account to the target account when consolidating two user accounts.
Behind the Scenes
- Added PrivateNet switches between servers in our data center to resolve server-to-server communication issues during periods of high throughput.