Connect Dev Notes: 29 May 2013
Created: 29 May 2013 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013 | 1 comment
User Facing: Desktop
- Added the ability to subscribe to be notified of new posts in a target forum. How? Navigate to a post in the target forum, click the "subscriptions (0)" link at the bottom of the post, then check the "Posts in the [forum name] forum" checkbox.
- Added the ability to filter search results on the group(s) that the post was posted in.
- Added the ability to search for products by using their acronyms. Searching for "DS", for example, will now return results for "Altiris Deployment Solution."
- Added a permission that allows members of the Security Response blog team to edit any SR blog post -- in addition to their own blog posts.
- Added the ability for Connect admins to add badges to Connect and to award those badges -- for special achievements -- to deserving users.
- Modified the "Language settings" drop down on the user profile pages to only list languages that the Connect UI has been translated into.
- Resolved an issue with Twitter feeds not being pulled into Connect blogs successfully.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect "updated" timestamps on blog posts.
- Fixed an issue with blank notifications being sent when a post was marked as solved.
- Fixed an issue with the last post on the community "activity feeds" displaying twice.
- Fixed an issue with inaccurate "vote" counts on posts and comments.
- Added the ability to store group membership requests for future reference. Previously, these requests were all managed in the Email system and not stored.
- Improved the user merge script to move newsletter subscriptions from the source user account to the target user account on merge.