Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 29 April 2014.
User Facing: Desktop
- Added spam scanning to the private message forms. If the scan engine determines the contents of a private message is spam, the message will be rejected.
- Fixed an issue with line breaks and carriage returns reported by post-by-email users who are submitting posts with Outlook 2010 in text mode.
- Added the ability for post-by-email users to submit attachments with their email posts and comments.
- Added code to the post-by-email subsystem that detects "Automatic Replies" (vacation rules) in mail coming from Outlook accounts. The code ignores the message and creates a log entry each time a post is ignored for auditing purposes.
- Created a broken link checking tool for Community Managers to check their communities for broken links.
- Added code to help track and audit username changes.
- Added the ability for blog admins to add a "Recent Comments" section to the right sidebar of their blog pages. This section will display the five most recent comments made to posts that belong to the target blog.
- Added the ability for blog admins to add a "Featured Comments" section to the right sidebar of their blog pages. This section will display comments that the blog admin tags as featured.
- Added the ability for blog admins to customize their blog pages with a banner comprised of a custom image and a custom color of their choice.
- Added tracking code to the share widgets so management could pull analytics about which articles are shared, liked, and +d.
- Added the ability to reward points for comments to users in specific roles.
Behind the Scenes
- Added code that ensures Twitter Card and Facebook Open Graph meta tags always use "anonymous" URLs.
- Added canonical metadata to user profile pages to improve SEO.
- Added topic tags as link metadata on all posts.