Connect Mobile FAQs
How do I access the mobile site?
Access www.symantec.com/connect. Connect automatically identifies the device you’re using and serves you the mobile site if you are using a recognized mobile device.
What can tasks can I complete on my mobile device?
- Browsing content
- Searching content
- Making comments on content
- Creating your own blog entry, idea, or forum discussion topic
What devices support the mobile site?
We tested the mobile site on the most recent versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry. Due to the large number of devices we cannot test all of them. We tested using the native browsers on each device. Also, please be aware that the interface may look slightly different depending on the device you are using.
How can I learn more about the navigation on Symantec Connect?
Check out this great screencast.
Are there any known issues with Symantec Connect mobile?
There are a few outstanding minor issues. These should not affect the functioning or usability of the mobile site. These include:
- Video: the videos appear rather small in the mobile solution. We are working on a solution to adjust the size.
- Login pages for SymAccount are only available as desktop web pages.
What features of Symantec Connect were out of scope for this first release?
- Group pages
- Administration functions
- Rewards redemption
- Upload for articles, downloads, videos, known issues.
- Upload of images.
- Profile (Everything but Viewing Profile details and Private Messages)
- Filtering on utility list pages
- Filtering Search results