The Connect team has been very busy the past month - I wanted to give you a quick update on what's new and what's coming next:
In late October we launched the new Partner community and just today we are introducing a new Developer community. You can read more about these communities by visiting their respective community landing pages. If you are a Symantec Channel partner or Developer jump in the conversation!
This week we completed a major hardware upgrade on Connect. We've essentially tripled the infrastructure supporting the service. You should see faster browsing and faster search results.
We've tweaked dozens features on Connect, but a few notable changes are:
- Updated Group landing pages
- One click subscribe/unsubscribe from group email notifications
- Tweaks to the email notification template
So what's next?
We're already hard at work on a number of improvements, including:
- A dramatically improved and simplified form for adding new content.
- A redesigned blogs area
- Full interface localization into French and German (other languages coming soon)
- Adjustments to the "activity feeds" that will make it easier to follow what has happened in the community.
That's about it for now. Let us know what you think of the changes and anything else you want to see added. I should also mention that we are closely monitoring the "Ideas" section and have features in the works for several of the top ideas. Stay tuned.
.peter & the Connect community team.