Connect Updates (07 Aug 2012)
Created: 07 Aug 2012 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013 | 6 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Refactored the search submission form so users will no longer be faced with the "Confirm Form Resubmission" message as they search, browse to a result, and then click their browser's back button to return to their search results.
- Tuned the design of forum pages to better expose the link to each comment (permalink) for sharing, referencing, or bookmarking.
- Tuned the design of user badges to leverage new CSS3 techniques.
- Streamlined forum comments by moving the hyperlinks that used to line the bottom of each comment into a dynamic "Actions" menu that now houses the links.
- Fixed an issue with the iCal export (on event nodes) that was adding the incorrect event time to Outlook calendars.
- Fixed an issue with legacy content that held code that used to designate a logical break for for "teaser text". The code was making the editing of those nodes impossible (they opening as blank pages). The offending code has now been removed from all content in the system.
- Fixed an issue for users of the Chrome browser who were seeing a micro-sized popup window on the image upload tool.
- Parsed content for items that had been accidentally posted to more than one community and removed references to the incorrect communities.
User Facing: Mobile
- Fixed an issue with users not being redirecting to content pages after they had successfully logged in using a mobile device.
- Added logic to our content monitoring system that will now automatically flag trusted contributors (based on their contribution history) and eliminate the content scanning and captcha steps from their submission workflow.
- Added logic to Connect's SymAccount integration module that prevents it from slowing down to query the SymAccount system unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Added the ability for privileged users to change the author of a published piece of content.
- Added "autoresponder" functionality to Private Messages so community managers and admins can let users know when they're out of the office or on vacation.
- Added a report that lists users who have reward points that are expiring in a given month.