Connect Updates (08 Feb 2012)
Created: 08 Feb 2012 | Updated: 14 Mar 2012 | 2 comments
- Users can now subscribe to be notified by email when the status of an Idea changes.
- The default setting for notifications is now "autosubscribe" for new users. This means they'll automatically receive an email when a solution is posted to questions they raise in the forums. (The autosubscribe setting can be changed by any user in their profile.)
- Changed the Accreditation and Certification badges to leverage CertTracker imports instead of data pulled from PartnerNet on login.
- Moved the Design@Symantec blog from blogs.verisign.com to Connect: http://www.symantec.com/connect/inside-symantec/blogs
- Added vouchers for "Symantec Technical Specialist" and "Symantec Certified Specialist" exams to the Connect Rewards catalog.
- Granted 13,452 ParterNet members escalated 'Partner' privileges on Connect.
- Fixed an issue with the formatting of group membership request emails.
- Added a visual element (life-preserver) to forum lists to indicate that a thread is in need of a solution.
- Fixed an issue with the autocomplete feature in the developer documentation search interface.
- Fixed an accounting issue with reward points related to users casting an "up" vote on another user's post and then changing their mind by casting a "down" vote.
- Added a list of groups a user is a member of to their profile page. (Currently only visible to users with administrative permissions).
Product name updates:
- Brightmail Gateway is now Messaging Gateway
- Brightmail Message Filter is now Message Filter
- Changed frequency of generation of search indexes (for Symantec's internal GSM system) to once every 24 hours instead of once every 5 minutes.
- Removed old Symantec Analytics code.
- Removed old Materialized Views code.
- Removed old Buzz Score code.