Connect Updates (10 Jul 2012)
Created: 10 Jul 2012 | Updated: 11 Jul 2012
User Facing: Desktop
- Added a blue tint to the most recent comment in a thread. This should make it easy to find the newest post in a long list of threaded comments.
- Added a "Jump to latest comment" link to the bottom of forum posts to give users quick access to the newest comment in a discussion thread.
- Modified notifications emails to properly link to a comment that's buried in several pages of comments.
- Fixed an issue that was causing forum posts to be tagged with more than one product when the post was created by promoting a comment in a thread to a free-standing discussion.
- Reworked the formatting of the "User Group List" on each user's profile page to be hierarchical to represent the subgroups that a user belongs to.
- Modified group home pages to display an "Email Group Members" link to users with permission (Group Admins) to Email group members.
- Modified theme code to suppress the phrase, "I need a solution" from forum posts in activity feeds, tooltips, and search results.
- Fixed the display of "share" buttons to be positioned before the video screen on video nodes.
- Modified the helper link to "More information about formatting" open in a new window. (Users who clicked this link while composing a post lost their work when the help screen replaced their submission form.)
- Addressed an issue in the Rewards catalog that surfaced when users attempted to order an item with a value greater than 1,000 points.
- Resolved an issue with broken voting widgets.
- Reduced the padding on tables used in posts.
User Facing: Mobile
- Addressed an issue where items posted to groups were not saving their group affiliation properly.
- Addressed an issue where items posted to groups were not saving their public/private state properly.
- Add rel="nofollow" to the "mobile" link in the desktop theme's footer to keep web crawlers from indexing the mobile version of Connect pages (which are identical to the desktop version of pages -- with the exception of the user interface).