Connect Updates (18 Oct 2012)
Created: 18 Oct 2012 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013
User Facing: Desktop
- Added an "IT Trends" community to Connect. This new community gives users a simple, easy-to-navigate view of what other Symantec users are talking about.
- Fixed an issue with partner badges being systematically added to the profiles of Symantec employees when they were added to the PartnerNet group.
- Fixed an issue with blog posts changing breadcrumbs on submission.
- Removed the duplicate navigation bar that authenticated users were seeing on their profile pages.
- Modified the featured article carousel on community overview pages to allow modification by community managers and inclusion of special-use HTML.
- Created a new permission that will give content reviewers (like product managers) the ability to view and review unpublished submissions.
- Fixed an issue with a URL that's embedded in a product UI: http://www.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recover...
- Added a workflow and file protection scheme for posting and managing Vision Barcelona assets (videos and downloads).
- Converted AJAX calls to product-version filters to HTTP GET to allow caching by Akamai CDN.
Behind the Scenes
- Updated SSL certificates on staging and production instances.
- Moved Connect's Dallas servers to a newer part of the data center that offers increased power redundancy by drawing power from two separate UPS sources. This new location also has in-cabinet automatic transfer switches which provide power redundancy for single-corded devices.
- Fixed a fatal error that was occurring when the Symantec VIP Token service calls failed.
- Exposed the phrase, "Sign up here" for translation.
- Exposed the phrase, "Search Tips" for translation.
- Exposed the phrase, "Trends Community" for translation.
Timestamp: 3:46pm -- Monday, October 29