- Added a "preview" button to the create- and edit-forms so contributors can preview their formatted submissions before submitting them via the "save" button.
- Added a link to each user's profile page that allows users to subscribe to notifications when content is posted by the specified user.
- Moved the BrightCode code (that facilitates video viewing) to the Connect server to eliminate the security warnings that appear when the code is fetched via http from the BrightCove server.
- Performance enhancement: Moved serving of activity feeds on user profile pages to Solr engine.
- Performance enhancement: Updated the methods used to generate the groups list page to employ caching with a logic-based cache expiry when group nodes are added or updated in the system.
- Performance enhancement: Enabled more robust caching of user avatars.
- Added a "padlock" icon to locked discussions on forum list pages.
- Improved the "move this hijacking comment to a discussion of its own" functionality to also move attachemnts along with the parent comment.
- Enhanced the "user merge" tool to also merge the source user's roles and group memberships into the target user's account.
- Fixed redirect-on-login function so the user is returned to the page where they initiated the login after they've successfully authenticated.
- Added Omniture tracking code to links in "Feature Slides" on home page.
- Enabled "Mollom" (mollom.com) spam monitoring on all incoming posts. Posts that contain spam will be placed in an unpublished state until an Editor has time to review and either release or delete them.
- Updated the notifications email formatting to make use of advanced HTML codes while protecting against script injection attacks.
Connect Updates (19 Jul 2011)
Created: 19 Jul 2011 • Updated: 14 May 2014 • 2 comments • Page Views: 2