You spoke up, we listened! We know that information is only as useful as it is easy to find, access, and use – especially security intelligence. It’s our goal to continue to make it easier for the right team members to get the right information quickly. Thanks to input from our faithful customers, we have added the following new functionality to the DeepSight portal:
- Groups – now user administrators can create groups within their organization, assign vulnerabilities to people within those groups, and create reports by individuals within the group to improve the activity tracking
- ‘Cloning’ a current account – to save time in setup for a new user, customers can now clone an existing account with all the privileges of another user, and then simply specify the contact information
- Introducing workflow tracking– when a user wants to assign alerts and review the activity on that alert, we can now track and report on this functionality throughout the remediation
- New communication streams - publication of system messages/service alerts to the home page and all including DataFeed customers
- Additional information for IP lookups – we’ve added the attack signatures seen, the URLs, and the ports used to help the user understand the attack methodology
- Additional Mobile operating systems – customers can specify mobile as a category under the monitor generation - we know Mobile is a hot topic!
- Improved Search function – now keywords will look through all areas of DeepSight including .pdfs, to make it easier for customers to find topics of interest or concern
- Bulk uploads – in order to support multi-national and larger conglomerates with multiple domains and URLs, we now support csv in our DeepSight alerts configuration
We appreciate the good feedback we’ve received since rolling out our new DeepSight Portal features in April 2013, and appreciate the continued idea exchange with our users. Together we will continue to improve the best Security Intelligence program in today’s market!