Deployment Solution 7.1 – Linux Known Issues/Limitations
This blog lists different Linux known issues & limitations in Deployment Solution 7.1 and its components. The items in list will change as and when some support will come in the product or some new issue needs to be documented.
Following are the known issues/limitations in Deployment Solutions 7.1 pertaining to Linux:
- Imaging of Dual boot(Linux & Window) disk is not supported by DS: Creating & restoring image of dual boot disk is not supported by Ghost & ultimately by DS 7.1.
- Creating Ext3/Ext4 partitions through DS is not supported: Ext3/Ext4 partition creation is not supported through DS. Only ext2 partitions can be created using DS partitioning mechanism.
- Creating image on HTTP/HTTPS server with authentication is not supported: Creating image on HTTP/HTTPS with authentication is not supported.
- Linux Scripted OS Install is not supported on IDE devices: Linux SOI is not supported on IDE disks.
- Copy file task fails if password of task contains space: Copy file task fails in both Automation & Production of Linux if password of task contains space.
- Create image on http fails if image name contains space: In Create Image task, space in the image name is not supported when the image in being created on http location.
- SOI task fails if http source is on non-default port: Linux SOI task fails to execute if http source is on non-default port
- Concurrent SOI on multiple machine fails: Running Scripted OS install on multiple machine concurrently lists entry of only one machine under console.
- Ext4 is not supported yet by Ghost: Ext4 filesystem is not officially supported by ghost as imaging tool yet.
- RaiserFS is not supported yet by Ghost: If a client is configured with RaiserFS filesystem then capture of that filesystem is by sector-by-sector mode. Hence create image & deploy image will take more time compared to other know Linux filesystem such as ext2,ext3