1) Open the registry and go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Deployment’ and check for the presence of the ‘DebugLogs’ string value. If it is not present, add a string value and point to a directory where you would like logs saved. Cory believes this registry key is currently set to ‘c:\altiris\altiris agent\logs’.
2) Go to the directory mentioned in #1 above. Delete all logs that are present.
3) Go to ‘c:\windows\debug’ and delete the ‘netsetup’ file.
From the Altiris Console do the following:
1) From Jobs and Tasks create a new ‘Apply System Configuration’ Task.
2) Create a new ‘Use a predefined system configuration’.
a. Name: Test1
b. Domain: Put in your fully qualified domain name (FQDN). E.g. If your domain name is ‘asc.OUtest.com’, enter this in the domain field. DO NOT enter the netbios name. E.g. ‘asc’.
c. Organizational Unit: Enter in the appropriate OU. E.g level1/level2/level3
d. Username: enter in a domain account
e. Password: enter password
f. Confirm: enter password
3) Run the task against the client system
4) Check the netsetup file from C:\windows\debug
5) Check all logs from ‘C:\altiris\altiris agent\logs’
Hope this would be helpful.