For those of us who use the Deployment Solution (DS) Web Console as opposed to the full GUI (I find the Web Console mildly pleasing for some reason) this tip might come in handy.
I recently re-installed my DS Server. Everything went fine except the DS Web Console wasn't working. I poked around for a bit and then realized I'd forgotten to "Allow" .NET 2.0 Server Side Extensions (DOH!). Once I'd allowed these, we were almost back to a level playing field. However, I noticed a load of strange messages whenever I tried to access the Web Console from my workstation.
This is what is was. The previous week I had upgraded to IE7. After a short time of sorting through the IE7 settings I found that IE7 decides to block some of the "essential" page elements on the DS Web start page. This caused a host of nasty error messages. (Obviously not on purpose but I felt like MS was against me that day). The part of IE7 that blocks these page elements is the "Phishing Filter". Once this filter was disabled, DS Web Console was a happy bunny.
I hope someone will find this mildly helpful.