Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 reaches General Availability
Today Enterprise Vault reaches an important milestone, and it is with great pleasure that I can announce the general availability of Enterprise Vault 10.0.3. For those of you who have been waiting for this release, you can download the bits from Symantec File Connect here and install right away.
“So what’s in this release? It’s just a service pack isn’t it?” I hear you say.
Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 not only brings a whole host of updates to give support for the latest and greatest Microsoft and Domino offerings but it also includes some great new features and functionality aimed specifically at making administering Enterprise Vault easier. Let’s take a brief look at what’s included:
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Support for Microsoft Outlook 2013 (on the desktop)
- Support for Windows 8 (desktop edition)
- Support for Windows 2012 as a File System Archiving target
- Gateway support for 64-bit Domino.
- Mac client OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) support
And as if that wasn’t enough:
- New native Microsoft SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) monitoring pack
- Enterprise Vault event log filtering
- Microsoft SQL server permissions - improved granularity
- File System Archiving permissions optimisations
Want to find out more? Download the bits and check out the documentation for more details on the above.
** Adding some useful resources:
Benefits of upgrading to EV 10.x - http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5617
Compatibility Guide - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537
Useful Exchange 2013 archiving links - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO82293
OWA 2013 integration configuration videos - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83364