Enterprise Vault.cloud: Beyond Email Archiving
We are pleased to announce the latest release of Enterprise Vault.cloud is now available!
Enterprise Vault.cloud joined the Symantec archiving family in June 2011. Since then, our team has been busily working to deliver consistent updates to our customers. There has been buzz around the water cooler about this quarter’s release for several months because it means we can now help our clients securely archive content beyond email, including files from Microsoft® SharePoint and Box as well as public and private messages and attachments posted on Salesforce® Chatter.
What’s new – support for non-email content sources:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2003, 2007 and 2010 (on-premise only): Capture files from SharePoint document libraries and make them available for search in the archive by end users and approved reviewers.
- Box: Archive existing and new files stored in Box since the initial date of account creation and make them available for search in the archive by end users and approved reviewers.
- Salesforce® Chatter: Archive Chatter posts, including private and public messages as well as attachments and make them available for search in the archive by end users and approved reviewers.
Regular product updates included in this release:
- Enhanced support for IBM Lotus Domino:
- Reduced Domino server resource overhead and implementation complexity: New support for native Domino journaling eliminates the need for a “journal template” or third party software in order to archive messages in their native format.
- Better administration capabilities: CloudLink for Domino synchronizes user account information from the Domino Directory to the archive. In addition, updated support for Deny Access Groups allows administrators to better manage access lists.
- Enhanced retention capabilities: Administrators can now define retention policies based on specific targets, which can consist of Active Directory Groups and/or managed tags. Retention periods are then associated to a policy directly from the Manage Console. Administrators can also enable and disable storage expiry as required. All actions associated with editing retention policies, periods, targets and enabling/disabling retention are audited, allowing administrators to run detailed reports on any changes.
- Per custodian export to the Clearwell eDiscovery Platform: Administrators and approved reviewers can now perform archive exports on a per custodian basis from Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud to the Clearwell eDiscovery Platform.
- Expanded support for Firefox: Administrators and reviewers can now use Firefox to access Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud.
How can I get more details on adding SharePoint, Box and/or Chatter archiving to my account?
Please contact your account manager directly. You can also reach out to our sales team at 866.794.6389.
How can do I get access to the regular product updates?
If you are already a customer, these updates are available to you now within the product - all you have to do is login. If you need to reach our customer support team, please send them an email at email@example.com or call them at 800.251.3863.
Are you new to Enterprise Vault.cloud? Visit our product page.
For more information on:
- Compatibility Guide - Read the latest Updated Compatibility Guide to find out what platforms we support