Here's a quick test I ran this morning for a colleague who need to check if the feature works upon computer reboot (which for the agent is the same as a service stop / start event pair).
So here's the test I conduct:
- Picked up the 4 biggest packages from my PMS update directories
- Created a single package with 900+ MiB from 4 files
- Created a SWD Task and assigned it to my test machine
- Update the client config on the test machine
- Disable the NIC after the download started
- Enabled the NIC and forced the download restart (couldn't wait 4 minutes ;)
- Stopped the Altiris Agent
- Started the Altiris Agent
- Repeated the above 2 steps
And the results are visible here:
You see that the download pikcs up were it was left, as shown in the Cached column.