Are you looking for a way to filter the view a user sees in the Winuser console? Looking for a specific ticket can be overwhelming when you have to sift through every single ticket you've opened. Sorting those tickets would be a neat trick.
When your users are working in the Winuser console they are typically presented with this:
Of course, looking at this the user sees every ticket they have opened. If they wanted to look for their open tickets, it could be cumbersome. So I started to research if there was a way to filter out the Closed tickets from the view.
I finally stumbled on an approach that works. Here are the steps:
- Find the file ConsoleMyHD.ascx in the AeXHD\templates directory.
- Create a copy of this file and place it in your custom\templates directory and rename it to custConsoleMyHD.ascx. (This of course, following the best practices)
- Edit this file and look for the following line:
- Add the following line right below the one found in Step 3:
DataStore("Contact").AssociatedWorkItems.DefaultView.RowFilter = "workitem_status_lookup_id<>'600'"
- Save the file.
- Go to the AeXHD/winuser directory and make a backup of the web.config file.
- Edit the web.config file and locate the following line:
<commandParam name="template" value="ConsoleMyHD" />
- Change the value to point to the location of the updated file. So if you put the updated file in the custom\templates directory, it would look like this:
<commandParam name="template" value="~\custom\templates\custConsoleMyHD.ascx" />
- Save the file.
After making these changes I did not have to restart IIS, but it wouldn't hurt to do so.
Here is how it looks afterwards:
So as you can see, this will filter out the tickets in a Closed status. If you want to filter out other statuses as well such as Resolved too, you would just need to modify the line in Step 4 accordingly.