I read about some interesting news coming from VMware World. The new VMware Player Release Candidate has many enhancements, but for sure the best of these new features implemented is the ability to create virtual machines. ''Til the previous releases VMware player was able only to run virtual machines, now you have the ability to create virtual machines.
There is also the OpenGL support and Aero supports for Windows 7 and Windows Vista guests.
The VMware Player is 90Mb and the download is free for all VMware registered users, otherwise you you'll have to register an account with VMware.
Read details on the VMware web page : VMware Player Release Candidate - October 2009
Here an extract from release notes:
- The ability to create Virtual Machines
- Aero support for Windows 7 and Windows Vista guests
- OpenGL support for Windows guests
- New User Interface including a Virtual Machine Library
- Windows 7 support (as a Host and Guest OS)
- Automatically download and install the latest VMware Tools package
- Multiple Monitor Support
- Print from your VM without installing printer drivers.