Keeping your web browser up to date is very important for your own safety and security, but also it is important to install the latest add-ons whenever new versions become available.
What is a plugin?
- Plugins power videos, animation and games
- They're built outside of Firefox by companies like Adobe Systems and Apple
- Plugins don't always update automatically.
Why should I update my plugins?
- Old plugins can interrupt browsing and waste your time.
- Old plugins increase your risk for attack by malware, viruses, and other security threats.
- Updated plugins have improvements that make the web better and safer for you.
A simple way to check if you always have running the latest plug-ins is visit the Mozilla Plugin Check & Updates .
Also, if you see something strange or in case of doubt a safe solution is disable this plugin.
How do I disable a plugin?
Open the Tools menu.
Click the plugins tab.
Click on a plugin in the list.
Click the Disable button.
Caution: disabling a plugin means that you will no longer be able to do certain things. For example, if you disable Flash, you will not be able to watch videos on YouTube.