After a week of reading many posts about problems with the new Optiplex 755 and the new Intel 82566 DM-2 network cards I have finally found a solution. I have verified that using this driver that the network card works in both Windows Deployment Server and Altiris Deployment Server. I have not tested BartPE.
- Download the latest Intel NIC driver from support.dell.com for the Optiplex 755
- Extract the file, current version R162323.exe or newer, copy the file from c:\dell\drivers\R162323 to c:\ and rename the folder to 755-NIC-Driver
- Then use imagex to mount the boot.wim file
Imagex /mountrw c:\boot.wim 1 c:\WinPE_x86\mount
- Add the drivers to the mounted boot image
Peimg /inf=c:\755-NIC-Driver\*.inf c:\WinPE_x86\mount
- Unmount the boot image and commit changes
Imagex /unmount /commit c:\WinPE_x86\mount
I am using WinPE 2.1 vista build boot.wim, therefore, the driver that I loaded was the Vista32 e1e6032.inf file.