The following important changes are being made to the Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Data Insight (DI) Knowledgebase.
The content for both products is moving to a new location, to the same Technical Support Knowledge Base for other Symantec products.
- All previously available content will be migrated to the new location.
- Links to articles in the old location, e.g., https://dlp-kb.symantec.com/article.asp?article=56741&p=4, will serve up a page that includes a link to the new technote location, e.g., http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH222019
- Newly migrated articles (known as 'Technotes' in the Symantec Knowledge Base) will contain a 'Legacy ID' entry. The Legacy ID is the Article ID from the original Knowledgebase.
Note for Data Loss Prevention customers:
- Unlike the previous knowledgebase, best practice within the new KB recommends using the product selector to identify the Symantec product during the search. At the time of the migration, no option to select the family of all Data Loss Prevention products was available, only options for specific DLP servers, e.g., Data Loss Prevention Network Monitor. This has now been corrected.
- To allow the Knowledge Base to be searched for all DLP products, begin entering "Data Loss Prevention" into the product selector field. The web site's auto-fill option will show "Data Loss Prevention Family" at the top of the list of suggestions. If chosen, the resultant search page will then show DLP Family in the product selector field, and search results will include technotes relevant to all DLP components.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Symantec Technical Support at http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_npid.jsp
Symantec DLP Technical Support
http://www.symantec.com/data-protection | 1.800.342.0652